Angelika Kauffmann Museum Schwarzenberg
Museum of culture and art
In the foyer of the museum, the past and the present come face to face, creating a stark reminder of the passage of time over 450 years.
A period of 450 years
Founded in 1913, the Schwarzenberg Folklore Museum has been housed in the "Kleberhaus" since 1928, after three previous homes.
In 2007, on the occasion of an exhibition to mark the 200th anniversary of the death of Angelika Kauffmann, the entire rear section of the house was rebuilt. The team of architects - Dietrich/Untertrifaller - introduced special high-tech museum rooms into the old tavern section of the historical Kleberhaus, which dates from 1556.